Opel Vectra A
since 1988-1995 release
Repair and operation of the car
Vektr's Opel And
- 1. Maintenance instruction
Governing bodies and control devices
Control lamps of a combination of devices
Double information display
Heating and ventilation
Instructions on driving
Control lamp of electronic system of the engine
Exhaust system, exhaust gases
System of the CU (Traction Control)
Wheels and tires
Identification of the car
Parameters of engines
Bases of safe operation of the car
+ Weekly checks and service in way
Operational materials and liquids
+ 1.1 Maintenance
+ 2. Engine
+ 3. Repair of DOHC engines
+ 4. Repair of the diesel engine
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. The fuel and exhaust system of models with system of injection of fuel
+ 8. Exhaust system and system of decrease in toxicity of exhaust gases
+ 9. Fuel systems of the diesel engine
+ 10. Engine electrical systems
+ 11. Transmission
+ 12. Mechanical transmission
+ 13. Automatic transmission
+ 14. Power shafts
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. Suspension bracket
+ 17. Body
+ 18. Electric equipment
+ 19. Check of malfunctions
Never move a setup with the idle engine. Many units at the same time do not work (for example, signaling devices, the amplifier of the brake drive, the amplifier of the steering mechanism, system of airbags of safety). You subject in danger of and other participants of the movement.
Amplifier of the brake drive
At the idle engine the amplifier of the brake drive stops the action after the 2nd - 3-fold pressing a brake pedal. At the same time brake action does not decrease, however, the bigger effort is required when pressing a brake pedal.
The steering mechanism with the amplifier
If the amplifier of the steering drive fails, for example, during towage with the idle engine, then the car continues to be operated, however, application of great efforts is demanded.
The movement in mountain conditions, towage of the trailer
The cooling system fan – electrodriving. Therefore, its efficiency does not depend on the frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine. With a high frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine a lot of heat is generated, at low - respectively it is less.
Therefore, when overcoming rises not to switch to lower transfer until the car is able to master quietly rise on higher transfer.
Diesel engine: on rises with a bias in 10% and not to exceed the speed of the movement on the 1st transfer any more - 30 km/h, on the 2nd - 50 km/h.
The movement with load of a roof
Not to exceed a permissible load on a roof. For safety reasons evenly to distribute and to reliably fix freight fixing belts. To bring pressure in tires to the value specified for full loading. Not to exceed the speed of 120 km/h. More often to check and tighten fastening.
At very high temperature of cooling liquid, for example, after driving in mountain conditions: to allow the engine to work on idling about 2 minutes that there was no stagnation of heat.
After an engine stop the fan of the engine can continue some time the work for cooling of knots of the engine.
Mode of compulsory idling
During the mode of compulsory idling fuel supply is automatically turned off, for example, during driving under a bias or when braking. During the mode of compulsory idling not to "increase speed" and not to switch off coupling that the system of shutdown of supply of fuel worked.
Frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine
In all road conditions to drive the car in the optimum range of frequencies of rotation of a shaft of the engine.
Warming up of the engine
To warm up the engine at the movement of the car, but not on idling. Not "to give full gas", not to be established working temperature yet.
After launch of the cold engine the automatic transmission switches to higher transfers only with a bigger frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine. Thus, the catalyst quickly heats up to temperature demanded for optimum process of reduction of harmful substances.
Timely gear shifting
On idling and the lowest transfers you do not bring the frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine to too high values. Too high speed on separate transfers or steps, and also driving with frequent stops increase wear of knots of the car and fuel consumption.
Switching to the lowest transfer
• At reduction of speed to switch to lower transfer, not to revolve coupling with the increased frequencies of rotation of a shaft of the engine. It is especially important during the movement in mountain conditions.
• To press a coupling pedal at full capacity to prevent difficulties at gear shifting and not to damage the transmission. Around pedals there should be no rugs.
Safety of the rechargeable battery
• During driving at a small speed or stops, for example, at the movement in the city, during short-term trips and stoppages, whenever possible to disconnect consumers of the electric power (glass heating, additional headlights, etc.).
Warming up of the engine
• "Full gas" or warming up of the engine idling promote the increased wear of the engine and increase in fuel consumption.
• The turbulent character of driving promotes significant increase in fuel consumption.
• The engine consumes fuel and when idling.
Mode of compulsory idling
• During the mode of compulsory idling fuel supply is automatically turned off, e.g., during the movement under a bias or when braking.
In due time switch transfers
• High values of frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine increase wear of knots of the car and fuel consumption.
• The speed of the movement is higher, the fuel consumption is higher. At the movement "on full gas" you spend a lot of fuel.
Air pressure in tires
• Air pressure in tires specifies norms because of increase in resistance of swing to increase in costs of increase in fuel consumption and on the increased wear of tires below.
• Inclusion of additional consumers of power increases fuel consumption.
• "Full gas", кикдаун, the choice of the sports mode and excessive manual a rekey ny steps is led to sharp increase in fuel consumption.
Luggage carrier on a roof, holders for skis
• A luggage carrier on a roof, holders for skis can increase fuel consumption approximately on 1 l / 100 km at the expense of the raised air resistance.